Now that you know about which eyeliner colors look best on you, here is a step-by-step guide to applying the perfect eyeliner for the best effect.
Step 1: Before you can start with the eyeliner and mascara, make sure you have got all the other eye makeup done. Stand in front of the mirror and apply the eyeliner using a steady hand. If you are doing it for the first time then the best way to steady your hand and avoid shaking is to rest your elbow on the table.
Step 2: For applying eyeliner to eyelid, pull your eyelids taut and in one fluid stroke, draw a line keeping the eyelid’s natural curvature in mind. Extend the liner from the inner corner of the eyelid to the outer corner of the eyelid just above your lashes. You can either keep the line consistently thin across the eyelid or thicken it at the outer eyelid ends.
Step 3: In addition to your upper lids, you can also choose to apply the eyeliner as a line on a larger part of the lower lid. For a smoky effect, gently smudge the line.
Some Special Tips
- While stopping the liner just at the corner of your eyes may make them look wide and round, sweeping them longer for the Cleopatra look can add an exotic touch to your eyes.
- For a natural effect, smudge the edges of the liner.
- For a perfectly straight line you can paint a few dots on the lash line and then join them.
- For small close-set eyes opt for a thin, intense liner.
- Wide-set eyes can be emphasized by highlighting the inner corners of the eyes. Similarly emphasize the outer corners of close set eyes for best results.